NW-APS Meeting Fall 2011
October 20 - 22, 2011
IMPORTANT REGISTRATION NOTICE: Pre-registration via FAX closes Tuesday October 18 at 5pm PDT. After that we will have on-site registration only. Banquet tickets will not be available after October 18, 5pm. On-site registration is available Thursday October 20 from 4pm (one hour before the start of the reception) to 7:15pm (15 minutes before the start of the public lecture) in Weniger Hall room 212 and Friday all day and Saturday morning in LaSells. Note that on-site we accept checks or cash only. Please bring exact amounts for cash, with small numbers we will not have much change.
RECEPTION: The conference reception is Thursday from 5pm to 7:30pm in Weniger 212.
IMPORTANT LAST MINUTE CHANGES
- Session H4, Condensed matter II, Saturday 1:30pm will have one break only at 3:18 pm. Talk H4.09 will start at 3:50pm and all following talks will also start 12 minutes earlier.
- The business meeting on Friday will be held in the Agricultural Science Room.
- Applied Physics & Industrial Applications
- Astronomy, Cosmology, and Gravity
- Atomic, Molecular, and Optical Physics
- Condensed Matter
- Nuclear Physics
- Particle Physics
- Physics Education
- Thursday Evening, Oct 20: Reception Drinks hosted by OSU Physics. Public lecture by Prof. Mario Livio on the Scientific Achievements of the Hubble Space Telescope. Poster below.
- Friday Evening, Oct. 21: Banquet. After dinner speaker: Prof. Edward Brook from OSU Geosciences on the history of greenhouse gases and climate from polar ice cores
- Saturday Midday, Oct 22: Undergraduate Luncheon hosted by the Society of Physics Students (SPS)
Student participation is encouraged, including contributed talk or posters. Student travel awards are offered by the Northwest section.
Abstracts submission deadline: EXTENDED DEADLINE Noon on Friday Sept 23d, 2011
Abstracts for contributed talks and posters can be submitted via the APS website.
Abstract submission and registration information is now available. Online registration is open. Alternatively, you may FAX this registration form to APS by October 14 or after that to OSU Physics at 541-737-1683.
The conference will be held at the LaSells Stewart Center at Oregon State University, Corvallis, Oregon.Parking: Please note that parking on Friday is not free, see parking instructions!
Click below to download the conference poster or the public lecture poster.
- Public lecture by Prof. Mario Livio on the Scientific Achievements of the Hubble Space Telescope.
- Plenary talk by Prof. Gordon Semenoff on Graphene
- Plenary talk by Prof. Isabel Trigger on the LHC and searches for Dark Matter
- Plenary talk by Prof. Andrei Kounine on the AMS Space Probe
- More details on the Program page